Friday, July 20, 2012

Date Night-Il Sogno Osteria

Image Courtesy of FedManWalking.com
          
Image Courtesy of the NY Times
I recently had the pleasure of eating one of the best meals of my life at Il Sogno Osteria.  Master chef Andrew Weissman pairs contemporary Italian flavors with old world Italian classics.  I was immensely impressed with the layout of Il Sogno.  As patrons walk into the restaurant they are immediately able to see the kitchen-I have a small obsession with being able to "see" the kitchen while I'm dinning. Il Sogno has a very contemporary vibe with some amazingly artistic pieces situated throughout the restaurant.




Personal Image














Chef Weissman prepares a wonderful Antipasti table for patrons to self-serve as an appetizer. It is key not to rush your dinning experience, but enjoy every savory bite of the Antipasti before moving on the the main course.  The main menu has to die for meals, but the daily specials far exceed the regular menu items. Part of unraveling San Antonio was to allow me (somewhat forcefully) to step outside of my comfort zone and many of my friends will attest that I DO NOT step out of my comfort zone ever...for example I order the same drink at Starbucks every day and eat the same PB&J sandwich for lunch since 1st grade. My comfort zone was put to the test when I ordered one of the specials instead my usual go to pizza meals. I can honestly tell every reader that the shrimp and gnocchi was of the most delicious meals I have had in a long time! Situated on a plate coated with a light buttery cream sauce the shrimp and gnocchi excited my taste-buds and filled my stomach to the brim.  I plan to get out of my comfort zone a lot more frequently after this great experience.   



Personal Image
A few of my girl friends did order off the main menu and I was very impressed with both the pizzas that were ordered. I am a traditional pizza eater-pepperoni or cheese is just fine with me. Luckily, my friend ordered the pizza and I was able to snatch a quick bite and snap a picture. I quickly entertained the idea of ordered the cheese pizza to go and eat it the next day, but I was too full at this point to even think about eating again.




I was not able to partake in what looked to be another great course, the dessert menu. I attended dinner at Il Sogno Osteria for my close friend's birthday and came bearing cupcakes from Pam's Patio Kitchen (you can read my post about Pam's Patio Kitchen here). Now I have the PERFECT excuse to go back to Il Sogno....desserts. 


Location:
200 East Grayson Street #100  
San Antonio, TX 78215
(210) 223-3900



Hours: 
Closed Mondays
Tuesday-Friday 7:30a-9:30p
Saturdays 8:30a-9:30p
Sundays 11:30a-9:00p


Price:
$25 and up (depending on if you order a drink or two)


PERFECT DATE NIGHT SPOT!


Ciao!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment